The notification for the 2022 SBI PO exam will be published soon. This is an annual exam that is targeted by thousands of aspirants seeking Probationary Officer posts in SBI. The exam is divided into 3 stages- Prelims, Mains and the interview. The applicants have to clear all three stages to be selected.
The Exam Details
The SBI PO Exam is held online. The Preliminary Examination is for 100 marks. The Main Examination is also held online, and it was 200 marks. There are Descriptive Test Questions worth 50 marks too. The Interview round has 50 marks. The final dates for all exams and results publications will be declared. The SC / ST candidates are given pre-exam training. There will be 2056 vacancies overall.
The Eligibility Criteria
There are some Eligibility Criteria for the SBI PO exam.
- The applicants have to be citizens of India.
- The age limit is 21-30 years. SC/ST candidates get 5 years of relaxation for the upper age limit, while for the OBS lot, it is 3 years. PWD candidates get an age limit exemption for 10-15 years. For Ex-servicemen, it is 5 years.
- The applicants have to be Graduates in any category from a recognized University.
The Application Process
The SBI PO Application process is online, and there are 2 sections- Registration and Application. The applicants have to use valid mobile no and email IDs.
The Online Registration Process
- At first, the applicants have to visit the official website and click the SBI PO online apply link.
- Then they have to click on the New Registration link.
- The details of applicants have to be entered correctly at the next stage.
- Then they have to click on the submit button to wrap up the online registration process.
- They will receive a password and Registration ID soon.
The Online Application Process
- The applicants have to log in using the Registration No and Password, and they have to use their DOB as well.
- The scanned signature and images have to be uploaded next.
- A passport-size photo scan has to be uploaded next. They have to adhere to the signature and image specifications as mentioned.
- After checking the details, they have to make the payment online. For general OBC candidates, the fee is INR 750, but the SC/ST/PWD applicants need not pay any fees.
The Exam Pattern and Details
The SBI PO exam’s Prelims and Mains Exams are conducted online. The candidates have to answer multiple-choice questions, and a wrong answer attracts a deduction of marks. For the Prelims, the time limit is 60 minutes, and it is overall 100 marks. Also,for the main exam, the time limit is 3 hours, and it is 200 marks. For Letter Writing and essays, they get 30 minutes more.
The Prelims of the SBI PO Exam are divided into 3 stages- Reasoning Ability, Quantitative Aptitude, English Language. The Mains Objective exam has sections like General Awareness, Data Analysis and Interpretation, English Language and Reasoning and Computer Aptitude.
The SBI PO Exam admit cards are unveiled separately for each round on the SBI website, and the applicants have to collect them for appearing in the exams.